McCann FitzGerald LLP is one of Ireland’s premier law firms employing over 600 people. We provide the highest quality legal advice and representation to Irish and overseas clients. Our clients are principally in the corporate, financial and business sectors and we also advise government entities and many state bodies, pension funds, and educational institutions.
We currently seek to recruit a mid-level to senior associate to join the Public Company and Equity Capital Markets team in our Corporate Group. The Team advises a significant number of listed Irish PLCs on an ongoing basis and is regularly involved on the most high-profile corporate transactions in Ireland (including public company takeovers, IPOs, secondary capital raises and situations involving shareholder activists).
This is an opportunity to grow your career in a firm with a culture of teamwork and mutual support and also offers a clear path to further career progression.
The successful candidate will form part of a high performing team which advises on the full range of corporate transactions and arrangements, but with a particular focus on the following:
- Public M&A;
- Equity capital markets;
- Shareholder activism and disputes;
- Corporate redomiciliations, reorganisations, schemes of arrangement and restructurings.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years post qualification experience in corporate law, ideally with specific experience in equity capital markets and/or public company takeover work;
- Strong document drafting skills;
- Proven communication and analytical skills with a high degree of commercial awareness;
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills; the ability to manage a busy workload and client needs on a consistent basis.
- Be qualified as a solicitor in Ireland or another common law jurisdiction.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson- Director
Telephone: +353 (0) 1 699 1360