Leading academic institution is looking to hire an in-house employment lawyer to join their modern and dynamic in-house legal team. The role will be based in Dundee with hybrid-working also available.
Work with the Director of Legal to ensure the provision of high quality legal advice on demand with an emphasis on employment law matters. You will advise the business on all aspects of employment law including within:
- Contractual agreements;
- Organisational change;
- Commercial transactions;
- Managing claims,
- Complex grievances, and contentious disciplinary matters;
- Advising on application of internal policies and procedures.
- Experience in advising on a full range of employment advisory, litigation and organisational support matters.
- Able to work independently and autonomously and be a key part of the legal team liaising with senior management who will rely on you for your commercially focussed, solution orientated advice.
- Have substantial and relevant legal experience in private practice and/or in an in-house role as a solicitor advising on employment law matters.
Ideally, you will have recent and relevant employment law experience in the following areas:
- Advising on pensions and benefits
- Sickness and Absence
- Contentious HR matters
- Tribunals and appeals
- Business reorganisations
- Disciplinary and grievances
- Trade union issues
- Employment contracts
- Policies and procedures
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package and the chance to move into a unique in-house employment law position.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply please contact:
David Thomson, Director
Tel: 0131 450 7164