An exciting Legal Counsel/ Senior Legal Counsel opportunity has arisen within the UK&I Legal team due to growth, diversification and digitisation here at ManpowerGroup UK, a key market for the Group. As a Legal Counsel, you will play a vital role in this journey by being a true business partner and providing high quality, forward-thinking and practical commercial legal support to key lines of the business. The role is full time and will report into the Head of Legal.
- Providing timely, practical and commercially-focussed legal advice and support to key lines of business within Manpower UK.
- Negotiating, drafting and supporting on a broad range of customer and supplier agreements, which could include recruitment (temp and perm, RPO, MSP), IT services and HMG/regulatory frameworks.
- Identifying and articulating legal risks and issues, and working with key stakeholders to help the business assess and manage the same.
- Translating current trends and challenges in workforce solutions into a legal context and supporting the business accordingly.
- Working to a mindset of being an integrated, “trusted adviser” to the business, and offering an appropriate balance of reactive and proactive legal support.
- Working closely with the business sales and operations teams, as well as other Business Support teams, as required, to ensure a strong understanding of requirements.
- Provide support to the Head of Legal.
- Working closely with, and contributing to, the wider Manpower Group legal function, through participating in knowledge sharing initiatives and being able to leverage and offer capability and collaboration.
- Circa 3+ PQE for Legal Counsel) / Circa 8+ PQE for Senior Legal Counsel.
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales (qualification in Ireland would be looked upon favourably, but is not essential) with experience either in private practice or an in-house legal team environment.
- Excellent understanding of the laws relating to commercial contracts, with good experience in one or more of recruitment regulations, technology and data or UK government contracting.
- Previous experience in the laws relating to employment/recruitment, outsourcing and privacy would be looked upon favourably but are not essential.
- Self-starter with a proactive, collaborative can-do approach.
- Excellent analytical skills, commercial judgment and attention to detail.
- Professional and approachable.
ManpowerGroup is a world leader in innovative workforce solutions. Every day, it connects more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries helping to power the success of clients around the world. And as the world continues to explore different ways of working, now is a truly exciting time to join Manpower’s UK Legal team and help the organisation respond to, understand and even define the future of work. Whether your legal experience is in the recruitment sector, or if you’re looking to pivot from a different industry, keen and able candidates are invited to apply for the newly-created role of Senior Legal Counsel within the team.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- Generous & flexible company benefits.
- Work within a global organisation who, has been named the most ethical for 12 years running.
- Remote hybrid working and flexible hours where available.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson- Director
London: +44 (0) 203 174 2482