Solicitor- Qualified in England & Wales- Personal and Family Wills and Estates
(Newly qualified – 4 years PQE)
Brodies LLP is a UK law firm headquartered in Scotland. It is the largest firm in its jurisdiction measured by income, directory rankings, and lawyer numbers. In the last three years, the firm’s revenue has grown by 20%, and almost 100 new colleagues have joined. Today, we have more than 750 colleagues and offices in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, London and Brussels. We combine colleagues’ expertise in all business areas, to deliver Enlightened Thinking – new knowledge and new legal possibilities – uniquely suited to our Scottish, UK and international clients.
- We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales to join our successful Personal and Family practice area. The role will involve working closely with experts across the teams.
- We have the experience, knowledge, strength and depth to provide the private client advice our clients need to achieve their objectives. As part of the team, you will be involved in providing ongoing advice to a wide range of private clients. In addition to advising on English wills, powers of attorney, estate and trust administration, you can expect to be involved in advising clients on a wide range of complex matters including, estate planning for high-net-worth clients and cross border work. Our experienced team act for a range of clients, including individuals, trustees, and executors, from all over the UK and beyond. You will be able to draw on the expertise of specialists from across our firm where necessary.
- Our Personal team works in close collaboration with our family, tax, corporate, litigation and real estate teams to deliver a complete service to our clients. You will also play a key role in the growth of the business by building and maintaining effective client relationships.
You will have the opportunity to experience a wide range of work as follows.
- Drafting wills and powers of attorney.
- All aspects of trust and estate administration.
- Estate planning including the setting up and winding up of trusts.
- Assisting with clients’ tax planning advice.
- Providing advice to high-net-worth clients and assisting their ongoing needs.
- Advising on cross border tax and succession issues.
- Taking the lead on client relationships with appropriate support.
- Assisting other members of the team with specific tasks as they may require.
- Working closely with colleagues in other teams on large, cross-departmental instructions.
- Active involvement in building the business through proactive business development activities linked to the practice area’s strategic plan.
- Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times.
- Newly qualified – 4 years post-qualified experience.
- Qualified in England and Wales.
- STEP qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Strong technical skillset.
- Genuine interest and enthusiasm for private client work.
- Experience of dealing with complex and challenging issues.
- Able to demonstrate a solution driven approach when challenges arise.
- Ability to understand clients’ needs and tailor and present advice appropriately.
- A strong desire to understand the practice area’s key clients, their requirements, and the challenges they face.
- Committed to highest level of client care and service.
- Motivated to develop technical knowledge and ability in new areas of practice, with internal support and external training as required.
- Ability to use initiative to manage own workload and assist with that of other legal colleagues ensuring quality at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to adapt style as appropriate when dealing with colleagues and clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working effectively as part of team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Sound legal knowledge.
- Sound commercial and financial skills including taking responsibility for regular billing, WIP and AR management.
- Excellent client relationship management skills with a strong commitment to first class service delivery.
- Ability to work efficiently and deliver to deadlines whilst managing multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Please note this role is fully remote, unless you are based in Scotland and therefore could wok from one of our Scottish offices.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package and remote-working arrangement.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson- Director
0131 450 7164